Monday 19 August 2013

He has been in pain unnecessarily

Hi Folkes

Unfortunately not much new to report another week gone by and not any letter or email.

It has now been 4 weeks since 2 different employees informed me by telephone that "Inaccuracies Exist".

I have been in contact with them every 7 days and as usual I have contacted the data officer at the local NHS Trust.

I asked how things were going and was told that I should have received an email last Thursday with the outcome of the Review.

Simple answer "No I did not" However i was promised that the email would be sent again this morning.

Simple answer "No email lol.

It is now 6:30 pm and no email, I think due to the apparent difficulty in sending a simple email I may have to go and collect this letter direct.
 

And now the even better news if it is true or not I am not sure, apparently a senior officer of the trust is going to contact me to agree to a meeting.

If this is true this will give the family and friends a chance to expose the full extent of the underhand and unprofessional conduct of a few social workers within the local social care team.

Hopefully I should have the outcome of the review prior to my meeting with this senior individual, as I have received verbal confirmation that due to what has been found some staff training has been issued to resolve the issue in individuals cases.

Further training for social workers who can not state the truth is never going to work unless they get trained to be more clever in the future.

As soon as I receive the apparent letter or a meeting I will update you all.

The family and another carer are sitting down this week to discuss where we are and how to move forward
it all depends on how The Staffordshire county council conduct themselves with the outcome of this most recent review. 

And Grandad...

He is still doing well at the home and now his new GP has prescribed him some pain relief after taking him of it over a year ago and no one told the family.

He has been in pain unnecessarily for this time as he will not complain that is why the family have always known the symptoms he displays.

It was only down to the new care home manager who noticed the massive hole in his medical file and the notes the home held and asked us again all the things we had already discussed in the past.

I could have hugged the new care home manager as I feel that she genuinely cares for my grandads care at a personal level.

and the best part Grandad appears comfortable at last and even cracks the odd joke.




Have a good week folks and I will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are here to try to make change please dont send posts which are without viable proof there are some good people out there attempting to do a good job.