Sunday 22 February 2015

Torquay in Winter & We all get old one day

Hi Folks

Over this last week I was lucky to be the recipient of a short holiday in Torquay.

Unfortunately my gain had been at the expense of a couple who were unable to get away due to the husband being bed bound.

I can only hope that sometime soon the old fella will be able to spend more time out of bed so that the weight of care can be reduced for his hard working wife.

Offers of care had been offered from local social care however the elderly couple hold no trust in Adult Social Care in the county, I only wish this could be different however after my own personal experience I hold little hope.

The weather in Torquay was a surprise it was warm and sunny even to the extent that I had a full fat English breakfast on the harbour, outdoors which is quite ridiculous for February in the UK.

The coach journey was very tiring and after many hours of travel and a late evening arrival I was bemused to see that the elderly on the coach appeared to have more energy and vigour than I had going to bed at 9pm.

After this short break and getting back home to sunny staffordshire I feel more relaxed and refreshed and ready to push forward again.

I have received correspondence from the HCPC who's remit is to uphold public confidence in Social Workers and other professionals within the NHS.

They are having great difficulty in gaining a written explanation of a specific social workers conduct from either the Stoke on Trent Partnership or Staffordshire County Council and have now hit the brick wall of the legal department play time policy.

Nothing new there for transparency or accountability from either of these organisations.

The public service ombudsman have been in contact to discuss how we are going to move forward with this and I am awaiting update this coming week.

It is time for the NHS and other public bodies to undertake culture change and it is up to us the public to encourage change if they pretend or refuse or attempt to evade, collude and cover up.

There is no longer any place in our austerity economy for vast amounts of financial waste in covering up failings or biased investigations by so called independent investigators to protect reputation.

I am proud that my own local NHS Trust Board can apparently hold up its hands when it makes a mistake however just like a child it chooses what it wishes to admit to and what it wishes to hide away.

Unlike Staffordshire County Council who think if you ignore and delay it will all go away.

The bad news to all those who say they want culture change and transparency and do little, I am here motivated by the lessons taught to me of honesty and dignity from my late grandad to ensure change.

We Could all Get Old One day ....

Steve.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We are here to try to make change please dont send posts which are without viable proof there are some good people out there attempting to do a good job.